Sunday, March 21, 2010

Long baths, you are my Everest.

Women (and even men) have all sorts of guilty pleasures -some munch on 2 bags of Lay's or Ruffles, some dive into a pint of Ben and Jerry's or Häagen-Dazs- that makes them feel calmed and relaxed. Let's face it, sometimes we become penny pinchers specially when on a shoe string allowance. It's really not all the time we get to splurge on things that make us feel better, let alone refreshed.

When having a really bad day I either opt to punch someone or just sulk in my bedroom or calm myself by sleeping. Of course, the latter is a better choice. After waking up I grab a cup of coffee or listen to some music that'll help lighten my mood. There are ton of things out there to keep us calm but I for one will always have a number 1 on my list.

Baths. Yes, long relaxing baths. There's something about soaking on a warm soapy scented bath. Maybe it’s the bathtub. Maybe it’s the water. Maybe it’s the ambiance. Who knows? Unlike other people, I take my baths very seriously. After a long day at work or a severe case of meltdown, baths always give me a refreshed feeling – literally and figuratively. Just think of a laptop rebooted and you just might get what I’m trying to say.

I love staying at hotels not because of the comfort the huge beds give me. I adore hotels because of their beautiful and flawless bathtubs. Those kinds of bathtubs I only dream of putting when I get to have a house of my own. Plus, the tiles and the shelving are just to die for.

This type has a health spa feel to it but its still something I wouldn't say no to.


This for me is very manly. It may look like a sink but its not.


For those who like black and white and modern design, this just might work for you.


Pictures from http://www.bath-tub.biz/