Thursday, July 8, 2010

Element of...(don't wait for it).

Edward Cullen does not bear a flawlessly chiseled face. Well, for a while, he didn’t. Back then he was just a silhouette that every girl thinks of. Edward was just an empty image frozen in between pages of a paperback. But when Robert Pattinson became the face of the gentleman known as Edward, he instantly morphed into THE perfect gentleman.



It’s always Resident Hottie vs Chief of Camp Shirtless.

It’s always Team Bloodsucker vs Team Werewolves.

It's always Fangs vs Fur.

It’s always about whose side are you on? Like your life depended on it. As if the sky will fall if you make the wrong choice…when clearly, this is all make believe.

If these two men were real, Bella’s virginity would’ve been gone in a jiffy.

But what’s wrong with a little fantasy every once in a while, right?

Well, as for me. I root for the pale skinned bloke.

I like Edward not because of his diamond-something skin, or his hypnotizing voice, or his poetic-almost-fairy-tale-like lines.

I like him because he makes Bella feel secure emotionally. Financially is just a fat whopping bonus.

I like him because he would gladly catch a bullet just so Bella would live.

I like him because he could never hurt Bella. Uhm, not by choice anyway.

I like him because a matter of life and death brings him and Bella closer together.

I like him because he would rather die than live in a world where Bella does not exist.

I like him because he wholeheartedly admits that Bella is his reason for breathing.

I like him because he loves Bella unconditionally. Human or no-human. Dead or alive.

And most importantly,

I like him because he is NOT real.

Which leads to the conclusion that, in this world, we’re all just a bunch of Bellas looking for Edwards, or Edwards searching for their own Bellas.

(Jacob is obviously not real as well. I just prefer the latter.)