Thursday, April 22, 2010

My head hurts and this is the only thing I came up with.

Finding a good Japanese restaurant has always been a challenge for me. Most of the places I've been to either serve mouth-watering sushis or just plain weird sushi wanna-be's. Salmon and tuna are a bit pricey, that I know. But I have this impression that some restos just slice and serve those fillets up -- without even washing them.

One time, I ordered Sake sashimi from this famous sushi place and they tasted so sordid that I can't even swallow them. It was TOO raw for my taste. It was a screaming BLAH! There's not even a word for it.

But enough of pretend sushi bars.

The other day I gave Red Kimono a try and it wasn't what I expected it to be. I honestly thought I'll leave disappointed Thankfully, didn't happen.

The prices are just right. Not steep and not economical either.
The sushis were perfect. They have a very unique menu and a wide variety of sushi and maki. What they have is not something you see everyday, I believe. I just don't like the part where I felt like I've waited an hour for the food to be served.

MUST TRY:


and for this one, make sure you have a thing for jalapeƱos.


Pictures from http://redkimono.com