Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh, well. There's still tomorrow.

I've been eying on Sony's e-book for months now. I saw the gadget maybe 2 or 3 months ago and fervently hoped that one day, I would see them at some nearby widget store calling out to me. My waiting didn't wan. My excitement on taking home the thingamajig makes me all anxious and nervous at the same time.


Sony Reader Pocket Edition, $199

Now, because I feel like I've been waiting for too long. I finally decided to call Sony Philippines and inquire about it myself. I checked a couple of stores way back and the staff knows squat on the subject. After a minute of waiting on the phone, this guy I was talking to said that the Reader was never launched here in the Philippines. Apparently, it's only available in the U.S. and some other country I don't remember. He also said that a number of people have called asking the same thing. At the back of my mind I was thinking "Why the hell is it still in U.S.?". According to him, the management has yet to decide whether it's a yay or nay for the e-book. I think he lost my attention the second he quipped "NOT AVAILABLE".

I wanted to have one because there are books I want to read that are no longer in the market. Ever since Kindle was born, it became a tad easier to get a copy of the classics and archetypal originals.


Sony Reader Touch Edition, $299
(image from http://dearauthor.com)

I guess I'm gonna have to wait a bit more.
Oh, well.

For more info click this.