Friday, May 7, 2010

Much ado about nothing.

I wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy…

NAH.

I woke up one morning and went online after grabbing a cup of joe. I logged on to Facebook and was surprised to see the new trending topic online. It felt like I didn’t log for a month when I only went incognito for about a week or so. Everyone was talking about ‘Jejemons” and the image of Mr. Gibo Teodoro holding a piece of paper concerning such was scattered everywhere.



I seriously have no clue what the "Jejemon" term referred to, but then I remembered that I could just google it. Duh.

Jejemons are low life creatures in the world wide web posting messages that has wrong grammars and spellings.

Example of jejelanguage:

1. Mwahugz xoxo = hugs and kisses in formal language
2. u ahrrr soo fhunnny jejeje
3. e0wSsZz pOwhhZzmUsZtAhH nUah pOwhHzz kEowHsz = hello po musta na po kayo.
4. e0wh phF0u? mUsZtAh nHa?

from http://wiki.answers.com

I get the whole thing. I get that it is annoying to read messages that makes you want to bang your head on the wall. Messages that would want you to hang yourself because you just couldn’t grasp the point of it. I GET IT but ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

I don’t know why it is suddenly a big deal now but when I was high school no one really gives a damn about it. I’ve seen the horrid spellings and nasty grammars way back and it wasn’t that big a deal. Now it is like an epidemic spreading like crazy and people just can’t stop blabbing about it.


The "Jejemon" trend.
(Image from http://jejemons.com)

It’s unbelievably overrated and much I hate to admit it, those who scrutinize the idea used to be one of them.

Sure it’s fun and hilarious the first time the topic came out but now it’s just annoying and irritating. And those people who condemn “Jejemons” are no exception either. Earth to them. Just because you spell right and type right doesn’t make you more human than the others.

C’mon, world! Get over it already!