Saturday, May 8, 2010

Of errors and irons.

Haven't been able to watch the news lately because I'm too lazy to switch the TV from AV to cable. Lame, I know. I'm sure you've all heard about Marian Rivera's "Isa po akong Psychology" slip. I didn't see it on TV Patrol but thanks to YouTube, I saw the video everyone was talking about.

See, when it comes to this girl, all kinds of emotion hover and float in the air. There's hate, love, dislike, like, disgust and so on.

I read a couple of comments saying it really shouldn't be an issue because Marian's only human. Or that everyone makes grammatical errors once in a while. Or that the world should give her a break. Some were also comparing Marian's error over Manny Pacquiao's which I think is completely pointless, by the way.

My NO CENT worth about the issue:
  1. People took her "Isa po akong Psychology" statement seriously because we all know that she's slightly grammatically challenged (for a lack of better term). So, people don't really believe that it was an accident. Her one liners in her TVC's speak for it. Does the word "byutiful" ring a bell?
  2. Majority of us always root for the underdog. The Marian-DingDong-Karylle love triangle has been long forgotten but some can't just let it go. I think that adds up to all the hatred and loathing. They see Marian as a relationship wrecker and sad to say, a whore.
  3. She's a celebrity. Period. Let's face it, when you're a public figure you have to be perfect. Every infinitesimal thing about you is magnified. Pores kung pores!
  4. Pretty woman. Enough said.
As Mo Twister said, “If Pacquiao effs it up, we laugh. If it's Marian, she gets destroyed. Life just ain't fair highness.”

On a lighter note, watched Iron Man 2 finally! It was all sorts of AWESOME. I like it.

Looking mighty fine, Mr. Stark.