Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sometimes we want fantasy to pull us from reality.

The other day I watched The Backup Plan and I was surprised to see J. Lo in a role I've never seen her done before. She was all sorts of clumsy and gauche. Tripping over flat surfaces, falling to a puddle of icky water and such.

The story was rather modern. It’s not the kind of romantic-comedy where a woman meets the most perfect single guy, fall madly in love with each other then live happily ever after.

Well, you know movies. Of course, in the end, they still live happily ever after.

Anyway, the film was about a woman named Zoe who had herself inseminated fearing that she may never find Mr. Right and end up alone for the rest of her life. She then accidentally stumbles upon would be Mr. Right after the whole insemination process. They click. Everything's fine and dandy. Sparks were flying everywhere...until she finds out that she is INDEED expecting. The conflict starts from there and I really don't want to split details. No spoilers here so keep reading.

I didn't hate the film. Honestly, I sort of understand where Zoe is coming from and her fear to open up to people.

I've seen many people walk out of my life. Some of them I don't want to let go but that's just the way life goes. There were a number of betrayals here and there which made it really hard for me to trust people. It’s like I can't let my guard down, that I always have to watch my back or something. It made me less friendly and sometimes I push or maybe even drive people away. A very weird emotion that I know even if I don't explain, almost everyone can relate and understand.

This is so One Tree Hill but it's the truth.

See, that's the thing about that show. Exaggerated but mirrors real life.
LIFE...only with a bunch of good looking people, superfluous money, and a much magnified area of sex.

I'm blabbing now.


I'm not home at the moment.
This is currently where I lounge and do nothing.